Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Husband is Annoying: the Blog

Photobucket

She's airing their dirty laundry because he won't pick up his. Tiffanie Wong of Brooklyn Heights N.Y. recently started a blog to tell the world of her husband's annoying habits. It's called, not surprisingly, "My Husband Is Annoying."

Wong updates her blog every few days to lament on some of her husband's quirkier antics. "Obviously, I love the guy - I wouldn't have married him if I didn't," said Wong, 36, a technical director at CNN. "He just has annoying traits." For his part, Wong's husband, WPIX-TV reporter Mark Joyella, sees the humor in his wife's blog and has no problem with the outside world knowing of his foibles. "To me, it's kind of a tribute to all husbands," said Joyella, 43, who works for the weekend show "Toni On! New York"

"I'm sure all husbands have their own quirks." Some of Joyella's most annoying habits, according to his wife's blog, include his love of fart jokes, the fact he wears the same zip-up green sweater in every family photograph and his inability to figure out the TV remote. "I'll ask him to record a show for me and it ends up being Univision or something," Wong said. "Have you seen that remote?" Joyella countered. "It has like 50 buttons on it."

The couple met in 2003, when they worked at Channel 5 news. They started jogging together two years ago, then moved on to dating. They wed in March in a ceremony in Napa Valley, Calif. That's when Joyella really started getting on Wong's nerves. "Of course, I'm annoying - I've been saving it up my whole life," Joyella said. "Now that I'm married, I can let my guard down." Last week, Joyella bought his wife a calculator for her birthday and took her out to dinner at a fast-food joint. Rest assured, a description of the enchanting evening made its way on to the blog the following morning. Joyella said he considers the blog to be a "green light" to be even more irritating than usual. "If I'm doing something that annoys her, I can say I'm giving you material for the Web site," Joyella said. "That's okay," his wife replied. "I don't need any more material."

Married women across Brooklyn loved the idea of a blog that takes aim at annoying husbands. "A lot of married women need to vent," said Susan Green, a paralegal from East Flatbush. "My husband can be very annoying sometimes. He drops his clothes, doesn't do the dishes. I tell him to do the chores, but it doesn't work." "Maybe this would shame him into changing," she added. "He can start his own blog if he doesn't like it." Men weren't so thrilled about the idea. "Where's 'My Wife Is Annoying' or 'My Girlfriend Is Annoying'?" asked banker Chris Hanlon of Brooklyn Heights. "I feel bad for the poor guy. But it sounds like a pretty funny way to pass the time."

got a spouse with annoying habits? now's the time to vent here!

No comments:

digitalpoint

Geo Visitors Map

~WHIRLED GNUS~

Followers

Blog Archive