Saturday, December 26, 2009

Mother calls police on her 6-year-old shoplifting daughter

An Ohio mother sent her six-year-old daughter to the slammer after she caught her shoplifting at a local drug store. Carrollton mom Diane Lyons said she doesn't feel bad at all about turning her daughter Shiane into the police for shoplifting. "It was ah, it was a sin," said Lyons.

They were shopping the Discount Drug Mart in town a few days ago, when one of Lyons' other daughters said Shiane had stuffed a packet of stickers in her shirt.

"I went over there to see in her shirt and I found it and I took her right to the manager," said Lyons. She didn't stop there. She called the police to come get her daughter.


"The police came and took her in the cruiser to give her a little scare. The police said that she didn't even cry or scream in the vehicle," said Lyons.

The first-grader could have faced charges, but police let her off with a warning. It's a lesson Lyons wants all her kids to learn from. "For later in life. I don't want my kids stealing or anything like that," said Lyons.

Lyons even considered cashing in on a reward the store offers for turning in shoplifters. "There was a sign and I just didn't know. Then I felt bad so I just didn't even call," said Lyons.

No comments:

digitalpoint

Geo Visitors Map

~WHIRLED GNUS~

Followers

Blog Archive