Friday, July 30, 2010

High School Cheerleader Tackles Thief

Photobucket

A would-be thief is behind bars. Police didn't catch him and neither did mall security. They both had help from a 16-year-old girl.

Watch the video at left and take a good long look at 16-year-old Kealey Oliver; she is one talented cheerleader.

"If I would have thought about it, I probably wouldn't have done it."

She traded tumbling for tackling when she brought down a thief at Penn Square Mall in Oklahoma last weekend.

"I just wasn't going to, like, let him run right past me."

The rising high school junior cheers for the Moore High School Lions. She was at the mall talking to her mother on her cell phone when suddenly a man started running her way.

"I was like, 'Hang on Mom,' and I put the phone down. When he got close to me, I just got in his way and grabbed him and he kept trying to run so I just slammed him on the ground."

By slamming him to the ground she gave mall security the chance to catch up.

"I grabbed him and then put him on his stomach and I was still holding on to him. I don't even know."

She didn't even know what she had done. High School Playbook wanted to know, "What was she thinking?"

"I didn't think. I was shaking. I was like nervous. I didn't know why I did that," Kealey Oliver smiles in amazement.

She got a scratch on her arm and bruised her left knee. And to top it off, she did it all in a dress.

"I was in a strapless dress, yes."

Kealey told all her friends and even posted her story on facebook.

We called Penn Square Mall but got no comment. Police confirmed a shop-lifter was arrested around this time.

To Kealey, it's really no big deal.

"At first, I thought I was just going to stop him, but he kept running. So I was like, okay, I guess you're going to the ground."

Leave your comments below for the cheerleader who suddenly became the hero. (But don't try this at home.)

No comments:

digitalpoint

Geo Visitors Map

~WHIRLED GNUS~

Followers

Blog Archive