Tuesday, July 27, 2010

MOST INCREDIBLE ACCIDENT BAR NONE

Photobucket



Carpenter Lu Jiang, 43, is recovering after surviving this incredible accident where his body was pierced from top to bottom by a solid steel rod.

He told docs he had been working on the second floor of a new building at Sichuan in South East China when he had slipped and fell onto the steel bar protruding from a concrete slab. It had pierced his body just below the waist and came out on the other side of his body by his neck.

He said: "I hit the ground pretty hard but my first thought was 'God I am still alive'. I could see my hands and my feet and nothing seemed to be broken but then I found I couldn't move and I thought my back was broken. It was then that I felt a steel rod coming out of my back - and then realised it had gone in through the bottom of my body. "I was terrified - everyone was looking at me and some had covered their faces in horror - I was pinned like that for more than an hour until emergency services could cut me free."

Lu was transferred to the local hospital where he was met by his wife Peng Minghui, 35, who had been called by building site managers. She said: "I will never forget what I saw. Such a huge steel bar piecing all the way through his body, I felt faint just looking at it. I can't get the image out of my mind even now after my husband has recovered."

She said that she had stayed beside her husband and talked to him throughout the three-hour operation as surgeons struggled to remove the steel rod that had incredibly not damaged any major organs - including missing the heart completely.

He has now been allowed home - and has taken the steel bar that is 120cm long(4 feet long/1 inch thick) and 2.5 cm wide home with him. He said: "I am going to plant a tree in my garden and use this as a support rod to say thank you for the fact that I survived.
Photobucket

No comments:

digitalpoint

Geo Visitors Map

~WHIRLED GNUS~

Followers

Blog Archive