Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Man happy to lose world's biggest man boobs

Photobucket

A Chinese man who had the world's biggest man boobs is enjoying a new lease of life after an operation to remove them.

Guo Qingpo, 53, from Jiuying village, Dezhou, in northern China's Shandong province, said the surgery had ended a ten year nightmare.

For many years he refused to leave his home after people labelled him a freak or falsely accused him of undergoing transgender surgery.

"About ten years ago, I first noticed my breasts were larger than other men's but I just thought I was putting on weight and didn't pay much attention," he said.

"Then about two years ago they began to grow outrageously until they were as big as footballs. People would stare at me wherever I went."

He visited a number of hospitals in major cities around the country but none would treat him until he finally found a chest hospital in Jinan willing to help.

Director doctor Zhang Jianhua said: "I had never seen anything like it in 40 years. There has never been such a case in China, or anywhere in the world."

He got together 20 experts from eight hospital departments to come up with a plan for operating on Guo, reports the Shandong Business Daily.

To reduce surgery time, two teams of medical staff worked side-by-side, each removing one breast, and the operation was over in six hours.

After a month of recovery, Guo checked out of the hospital saying he felt like a new man.

"Never again shall I fear others calling me a she male," he said.

Experts believe he suffered from lipodystrophy syndrome, a metabolic condition which involves the abnormal distribution of fat around the body.

No comments:

digitalpoint

Geo Visitors Map

~WHIRLED GNUS~

Followers

Blog Archive