Friday, September 3, 2010

Intruder in hot tub: 'I just need a hug, and a cup of hot chocolate'

Photobucket

BEAVERTON, Ore. - "Believe it or not, I'm the sheriff of Washington County," the caller said to a 911 operator.
But it wasn't the sheriff; instead, it was Mark Eskelson, a 45-year-old homeless man.

He had climbed over a fence surrounding a hot tub at the Four Seasons Recreation Center in Beaverton early Saturday morning. Eskelson yelled to passersby for help getting out of it, but when no one would respond, he called 911.

The dispatcher asked him if he was sure he didn't need any medical help. Eskelson said he was sure.

"I'm positive. I just need a hug, and a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows would be nice. But I don't think I need any medical help, no," he said.

Eskelson didn't get a hug; instead, he got arrested for trespassing and misusing the 911 system. However, when police checked his phone, they noticed he never called 911, but rather routed after he called 411.

Police said they found marijuana on him and that he appeared to be on drugs at the time.


No comments:

digitalpoint

Geo Visitors Map

~WHIRLED GNUS~

Followers

Blog Archive