Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Woman locked in used-car lot forced to deal with vicious guard dogs

Photobucket


A 56-year-old woman who reportedly found herself inadvertently locked in a used car lot in North Philadelphia Tuesday afternoon climbed atop of a car to seek refuge from two guard dogs.

She dialed 911, but when help did not come she called 6ABC, saying she had been trapped for 25 minutes.

The TV crew got there before police did and taped footage of McCall sitting atop a car as well as the snarling guard dogs at the lot on the 1700 block of North Front Street.

Eventually, SEPTA Police Officer Brian Schwenger arrived and got McCall out through a break in the fence while three passersby distracted the dogs, 6ABC said.

McCall told the TV crew that when she saw she had been locked in "I just started backing up and I tried to be calm, cause I have had a heart attack once before."

She said the dogs ran after her and she got on top of the car, using her cane to keep the dogs away.

"I thought I was going to die. I thought they were going to tear me to shreds . . . I'm scared of dogs," 6ABC quoted McCall as saying.

The station reported this morning that McCall is in stable condition at Episcopal Hospital where she was admitted for observation.

No word yet on why it took so long for help to arrive.


No comments:

digitalpoint

Geo Visitors Map

~WHIRLED GNUS~

Followers

Blog Archive