Monday, July 4, 2011

Woman Overcomes Her Banana Phobia

Photobucket
bananaphobe Paula Ross


A 23-year-old student has reportedly overcome her fear of bananas after undergoing hypnotherapy and neuro-linguistic programming.

Paula Ross, of Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, England claimed to be afraid of the fruit since she was force-fed them as a toddler.

Ross said: "It is a ridiculous fear, but it is something I have had since I can remember.

"People used to chase me round the playground at school with banana peels, and everyone used to laugh at me. They thought it was hilarious."

Ross, who admitted that the smell of a banana would make her nauseous, eventually saw a therapist, who trained her to replace bad memories she had of bananas with more positive ones.

"I couldn't even stand to be in the same room as a banana but this therapy has changed my life," she continued. "It is absolutely fantastic.

"I can go for lunch with my friends and I don't have to worry about being around if they have a banana. I am forever grateful."

Ross's therapist recalled: "I took her mind back to a time when she didn't have the phobia and taught her to associate those calm, happy feelings with bananas.

"I have never done anything like that before so it was fun to go through with her and I am glad she is doing so well."

No comments:

digitalpoint

Geo Visitors Map

~WHIRLED GNUS~

Followers

Blog Archive