Monday, August 1, 2011

Norway bombing victim had foot-long spike in her head after bombing

Photobucket


A nervy Norwegian civil servant was back at work Friday - just a week after the terror bombing in Oslo lodged a foot-long wooden spike in her head and left her looking like a bleeding unicorn.

Line Nersnaes said she had a blinding headache as she fled the crumbling building immediately after the blast and didn't understand why until her boss, Knut Fosli, told her.

"He looked at me and said, 'You're got something sticking out of your head,'" she said. "I put my hand on my head and I felt a stick sticking straight out. I got so terrified when I realized that I had something in my head, but I was lucky to be alive."

The stick - a piece of a shattered wooden window frame - had pierced her chin and exited through the top of her forehead.

Remarkably, it missed her brain.

Nersnaes, 50, needed 27 stitches to close her wound and was sent home just hours after the carnage last Friday with her head tightly bandaged.

The government worker's amazing recover was a glimmer of good news on a day when the Norwegian government released more photos of the 76 people slaughtered by a Muslim-hating right wing extremist.

Anders Behring Breivik told cops he first set off the fertilizer bomb that demolished the government building where Nersnaes works and killed eight people before heading out of town to a summer camp where he slaughtered the others.

Breivik, 32, who fancied himself a defender of Christian values against what he perceived to be hordes of invading Islamic immigrants, was questioned again by Norwegian police on Friday.

While Breivik claimed in a 1,500 manifesto that he was in touch with other like-minded extremists, police believe he is a "lone wolf" who acted alone.

No comments:

digitalpoint

Geo Visitors Map

~WHIRLED GNUS~

Followers

Blog Archive